This article will explain exactly how to setup your Antminer S5, configure it to your pool, and get it running on your network.
- “>Antminer S5 1155 GH/s
- Corsair CX750M and a paperclip
- A router and ethernet cord
The most important thing to know when setting up an ASIC miner is that you have the right hardware and capacity. The Antminer S5 runs at 590 W so you are going to need a PSU at least 600+. I choose the Corsair CX750M so if I want to overclock it, there should be no problem.
1) Unbox the Antminer S5 and your PSU
2) Do your paperclip trick and connect the four 6 PSI-e power cords from the PSU to the Antminer S5 power inputs.
3) Connect an ethernet cord from your router to the Antminer S5. Make sure the router’s range is between 192.168.1.1 – 192.168.1.254
4) Connect the power cord and turn on the power switch.
1) Once your PSU and miner are on you are going to need find the IP address it has associated with your miner. This can be done through your router, minerlink.com or using nmap. Once you find this IP address type it in your browser and you will be directed to the Antminer S5’s configuration page.
2) Log in using username: root and password: root
3) Go to the miner configuration page and type in your pools URL, your worker name, and your password.
4) Hit Save & Apply
Your miner should restart and then you should start to see it hashing!
For any further information please see the BitMain Antminer S5 manual